Monday, September 13, 2010

I ordered a couple of test swatches from Spoonflower - they had a free sample offer. The photo is just a found image I used to see how it would look. Next time I'd convert it to greyscale, as the blacks came out purple. I'd like to learn how to do more complex repeating patterns - it's definitely a special skill! The skulls give you a preview of a design I'll have in the next Jupiter Project show. Yes, we are finally reunited! It will hopefully happen mid October in Gastown.

3 comments:

Klay said...

have you seen this post about patterns?
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008/05/welcome-julia-and-how-to-make-a-repeat-pattern.html

Mia Hansen :: Vancouver BC
Illustration / graphic design
said...

Thanks Klay! I had seen that before and couldn't remember where. It's exactly what I need.

Klay said...

I know I'm always forgetting where I've seen things that I want to see again, there's just so much to see!