Sunday, December 05, 2010

Triple Ginger Cookies with Star Anise

These don't look at all like the picture on the 101 Cookbooks blog, but they are pretty divine nonetheless. You have to really like ginger to enjoy these (as I do) - they contain insane amounts of ground ginger, candied ginger, and fresh ginger. If I make them again, I will add more anise - it got fluffed up in the coffee grinder (which works great), so I think I measured too little. Anise can be found at The Grainry on Granville Island in Vancouver, which is where I get all my spices.

These are not a quick, whip-it-up and then gorge kind of cookie. But the fussiness is part of the experience. The smells are amazing, and they pack a real flavour punch. Note: I had to refrigerate the dough for an hour before I could make them into balls, as it was way too sticky. Maybe because I didn't use whole wheat flour?

No comments: