Thursday, May 01, 2014

Vancouver Pocket Map

Until recent years, I had only been to Shaughnessy a handful of times, and each time I got completely lost. This heritage neighbourhood was designed with exclusivity in mind, with its meandering streets that take you in circles until you hit a major traffic route and have to double back in confusion.  So I decided to come up with my own walking map (looky-loos unite!).

You can acquire the map as a digital colour copy here, or as a pdf download here.  What you'll find on the map are two walking routes I chose for simplicity and a general picturesque overview, twenty houses of note to find and learn about, architectural identification key, a brief history, some fun facts, and a tip on extending your walk through the nicer parts of Second and Third Shaughnessy.   

4 comments:

lori said...

i love it! i used to love wandering around in there!

Mia Hansen Vancouver, BC said...

I finally know it like the back of my hand. Took a while!

RF said...

Great idea. Are you going to do a series with other 'hoods?

Mia Hansen Vancouver, BC said...

I'd like to, Rod. This one took me so darn long, so we'll see.